Tips for Success
TMA is proud to be the leading Colorado business-to-business marketing association that annually recognizes the very best in marketing communications. Below are a few tips to help you prepare the best possible entry for this year's Fourteeners.
Components of a Successful Fourteener Entry
Keep in mind that the four components of judging are weighted evenly, with each of these factors accounting for 25% of the possible points. Your entry should address each of them!
- results (important!)
Common Entry Errors
Our online entry process will step you through the requirements of a successful entry. Please avoid the following common entry errors:
- No results given. There are many ways to "measure" success. What was your objective when you started the campaign or project? Be sure to reflect on those in your submission.
- Enter the award category or categories that best match your marketing program. Please note the guidelines posted, and reference the FAQs for tips on acceptable entries.
- Incomplete entries. You may revisit and modify your entries at any time between the kickoff and the extended deadline.
- Missed deadlines. Don't forget to complete your online entry by the extended deadline.
- Make sure that any attachments or links submitted can be opened by the judges!
- Be sure to address all four components in your narrative.
- Check that your file(s) can be uploaded. Individual PDFs are limited to 5MB in size. You are not limited to the number of PDFs that can be uploaded.
- Remember your audience: how would you explain your entry to a stranger in two minutes or less? Focus on the key components of the campaign with a succinct narrative.